Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

My husband has the uncanny ability to proclaim a desire and voila! it appears soon after in a hauling job!  I used to laugh at the coincidence, but I've learned by watching him that it has little to do with coincidence.  There really is something to this "ask and ye shall receive" ...  especially after all the hype from The Secret!  The trick is believing in what you ask for! 
  
Just last week, as he gazed into the back yard he dreamily sighed: “Wouldn’t it be nice to have a bigger composter this summer?  Ours is just too small.”   Okay, I thought … but we already have one. Why would we buy another?   I dismissed the comment but the following day.... a brand new bigger composter showed up on the back of our truck! 

A few weeks ago, same thing... he boldly put it out there:  “Wouldn’t it be cool to have a water softener for the house?”  Really? I mused.  I barely understood what a water softener did--, but soon after, one appeared in mint condition in one of those famous trash outs! 

New storage racks for the garage … got ‘em!
Longer pressure washer hose ... done!
Patio furniture … check!

I'm paying more attention these days because I think he's really on to something.  He might even be like a guru or some sort of manifestation ninja.  

Manifesting....hmmm, let me think. Five bedroom house on three acres in the north county sure would be nice.  "Honey," I call out, "how do you feel about moving?  Can we talk about what I've got on my mind?"

3 comments:

  1. I love that! And I do that too. Just last week, my husband and I were on a walk talking about how I really really wanted us to travel internationally this summer and then BOOM, I got a freelance job in Austria! That kind of thing happens all the time for me. I asked him to say out loud what he really really wanted while we were on our walk. He was like, "frozen yogurt might be nice." We rounded a corner and saw a "Frozen Yogurt Coming Soon" banner hanging above a storefront. It was an awesome coincidence, although I teased him about wishing for a giant bag of money, or a big house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the freelance job .. looks like you deserve it! ... as for the frozen yogurt, we all need this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh you are sweet to say that. Thanks for dropping by my blog :)
    I've been thinking about frozen yogurt ever since that walk! I'm going to need some very, very soon.

    :)
    Megan

    ReplyDelete