Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Life of a Queen

Having a hauling business also means having multiple diesel trucks, hydraulic dump trailers and more tools than I ever knew existed! I grew up in a family where one had a single set of wrenches, a hammer, two brooms (one for inside and one for outside), a few screw drivers, and a couple different sizes of shovels. When I met my husband, he lived in a condominium and had one tool box. The tool box had the basics and the lid easily closed! I am confident I was tricked.

Now our garage is lined with tool boxes and shelves. We have jack hammers, welders, different sizes of car, truck and trailer jacks. We have carpet cleaners, dollies, wheel barrows, vacuum cleaners, piles of tarps, cabinets of paints and oils and more household cleaners than I would need to clean all the houses on my street – every day – for the rest of my life! I am certain when we were married we shared the garage.  We came home from work each day, pulled our cars in the garage and smiled at each other.  I would change a load or two of laundry …  he would grab the mower or some garden tool and prune the yard -- I was definitely “Living the Life of a Queen.”

Today, I can barely close the garage door!  I would consider myself a Queen to have a small shelf to store laundry supplies.  Walking into the area is hazardous and has definitely been banned for bare feet!  With each new job, a new tool (or two) comes home. We have piles of tools we need to sort, piles of tools we need to donate and, I am sure, piles of tools we don’t know exist!  As long as I am able to clear a pathway to my laundry area, do I have a reason to complain?  Oh, and by the way...the lawn?--I mow it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment